Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh Well...

A-levels is such a rip off I swear...I should have done a more easier course like the Canadian pre-u or Australian matriculation where u don't have to put all ur eggs in one basket and hope that u ace ur finals...hmmm maybe i waz brain-washed from school in to thinkin' that exams are the only way to go since coursework and mini tests did not count for your final grade....arghhh damn u Malaysian schools and ur lousy system!!...I think back and really I should have juz put up with all that coursework and stuff so that my finals did nt account for 100% of my grades!!

Well wats done is done!!! jeez man when i started this course i waz an optimistic and bright-eyed 17 year old...now i'm a disgruntled 19 year old well almost 20!!!! I'm old dude!!!.....it robbed two years of my life!!!! well not all regrets there I made some lovely friends along the way who went thru the same shit that I went thru but i guessed whatever we went thru did make us a little stronger and a hell of a lot more cautious about our decisions in life!!

See for those of y'all who don't already know there are two parts to the A-level examinations...first is the AS exams which I did earlier last year which accounts for 50% of the final grade and second is the A2 exams which i did later last year which is the remaining 50% of the grades and all this done over a span of one and a half years in Malaysia....when people in other countries do it in two years!! which I think is pretty unfair because it gives them an extra 6 months to prepare for their A2 which is generally much tougher than AS exams....and it is silly because i started in July 07' and my AS waz in May thru June 08' this gave us roughly about 11 months to study for our AS exams which I think waz more than enough time.....however it only gave us about 4 months to study for our A2 which mind u waz a billion times more harder what more wit us re cooperating from the exhaustion of having done one major exam....simply ludicrous!!!!

As for my AS results.... I got an A for each Chemistry, Biology and Math and a B for my Thinking Skills which waz enough for any sane human to be overjoyed with...bt somehow I wasn't to thrilled...it only added to the stress of the A2 exams cause now I had to figure a way in which to maintain those stupid results in just 4 months!!! and let me tell u it waz pure torture....bt i never have high expectations so when i finally got my final grades last week I waz thrilled to say the least ...I scored an A for bio (haha in ur face miss Charmaine...she's my bio t'cher whom i absolutely hate for her childish behaviour...anime fetish and violent mood swings...boy wat a psycho!! and she prob hates me as well and gave me an E for my trials!!)..and a B for Math and Chem which means I dropped a grade for each but it waz expected coz the papers were hard....wat is the rip off u ask?? well the fact that other countries in Europe get an easier version of the paper which makes it whole lot easier for them to maintain they're A grade and way more difficult for us Asians for some reason...anyway I'm happy bt I feel bad for some of my friends who really needed that A to get into top universities with ridiculous entry requirements.

As for my future I've given up on the prospect of doing medicine....not because my results were not good enough or anything cause there are always loopholes...bt for the simple fact that it waz gonna take way too long and it's actually a life changing decision concerning my future so I thought long and hard weighing the pros and cons of the profession and finally came to a conclusion in which I figured that medicine is not the way to go for me....so I'm actually considering biomedical science in Canada...or sumthin else to do with science....money does nt really drive me because I value job satisfaction more....prob I always wanted to become doctor becoz i thought it was always a safer profession but I now choose to take the road less travelled and see what life has in store for me....oh well it can't all be that bad rite??....till then TTFN;)

0 comments: